How many courses comprise the Doctorate program of study?
Each Doctoral Degree is made up of 15-16 courses, a total of 60-64 credit hours depending on your particular degree. Please see your program's plan of study for detailed information.
How long will it take to earn a Doctoral Degree?
Depends on the number of courses you enroll in each semester: For example, for our Doctoral Degree programs you may register for a minimum of 1 course and a maximum of 4 per semester. If you want to graduate in 2 years, you should register for at least 3 courses per semester.
How much time do I need to devote to each course?
You should spend at least 5 hours per week for each course.
How many credits is each course worth?
Each course is worth 4 credit hours. Visit your program's plan of study for details.
Will I have a professor available during each course of my studies?
Yes, absolutely. Each course has a professor assigned that will guide and mentor you throughout the learning process. All our professors are 100% Bilingual and possess Doctor's degrees, as required by the State of Florida Education Law.
How much will it cost to earn a Doctoral Degree?
Tuition is $450.00 USD per credit hour for our Doctoral Degrees, so a 4 credit course will be $1800.00 USD. The cost of each semester is dependent on the number of courses you choose to enroll in each semester.
How do I pay my semesters? Are payment plans available?
You can pay online with our secure checkout using our Online Payments form. Additionally, you have the option of paying all your courses at the start of the semester or you can apply for a Payment Plan with us. Please Contact Us for further instructions.
Do I have to take my classes at a specific time, day or location?
No, you decide what time and day to take your classes. All our programs are fully online, all you need is a computer with a working internet connection. Tutorials with your professors will be coordinated beforehand allowing you to study 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
What language(s) will my classes be offered in?
Our programs and course content are available in English. Our professors are 100% bilingual and can give assistance in English and Spanish at their discretion. See Language Requirements for more information!
What do I need to register?
- Submit a copy of Identification (identity card, driver's license, passport)
- Submit a copy of your Masters's Diploma
- Submit official copies of your Graduate Transcript(s)to UNAD Florida's Admission Office (490 Sawgrass Corporate Pkwy Ste 120. Sunrise, FL 33325). These must be in a sealed envelope directly from your University or Institution of Higher Education.
- Complete and Sign the Forms of Admission; Application Form and Enrollment Agreement.
- Submit a current CV (curriculum vitae) or resume in proper English.
- Submit 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Submit a well written statement of purpose explaining why this degree would enable you to meet your career goals and specifically your interest in the doctoral program offered at UNAD Florida.
- Pay your $100.00 USD Application Fee. This will create your username and password to access the student portal and begin enrollment.
Please visit Process of Admissions for a full list of requirements.
Is UNAD Florida supported by educational agencies?
Yes, UNAD Florida is supported by the Florida Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education, under license number 2900.
Do I need to submit an admission exam to apply and register to UNAD Florida?
No, we do not require you to submit an admission exam to apply to UNAD Florida.
Finally, we want to remind you that because UNAD Florida is a distance university, it is not necessary for you to be a resident in the United States in order for admission. UNAD Florida has students around the world.